Alistair is Deputy Coordinator of the Teaching Advanced Mathematics (TAM) course.
After gaining his BSc in Mathematics, Alistair completed his PGCE in Secondary Mathematics in 2006. He taught Mathematics for 11 years in a variety of 11-18 mixed comprehensive schools, taking on roles including 2i/c Mathematics and Computing and KS5 coordinator for Mathematics. Having completed his MEd in Mathematics Education in 2011, he has now begun studying part-time for a PhD in Mathematics Education. Alistair is a member of the editorial board for Mathematics Teaching, the journal of the Association of Teachers of Mathematics (ATM). He joined MEI in 2017.
- Supporting teachers new to teaching A level Mathematics
- Developing teaching and learning in A level Mathematics
- Developing a culture of thinking mathematically
- Working with mixed attainment classes at Key Stage 3
- Teaching Mathematics to students at all levels from ages 11 to 18 - including mixed attainment Key Stage 3 classes, all levels of GCSE classes and combined Year 12 and 13 Further Mathematics classes.
- 2i/c in Mathematics and Computing Faculty, Key Stage 5 coordinator for Mathematics and Head of Mathematics (maternity cover)
- Member of the editorial board for Mathematics Teaching, the journal of the Association of Teachers Mathematics (ATM)
- Articles published in Mathemaatics Teaching about using imagery to provoke discussion and possible effects of unresolved cognitive conflict
- Studying for a PhD in mathematics Education (part-time)
07449 528 155